With NetSupport School in a Mac environment, teachers have a myriad of tools at their disposal to deliver learning that engages and involves their students, while simultaneously ensuring their online safety and the smooth running of lessons.
Teachers can connect from a Mac device to students using a full mix of different platforms including Mac, Chromebooks*, Windows, iOS and Android, plus the teacher can connect to a Mac student from any device/platform.
- Monitor the entire class or individual students via screen thumbnails.
- Zoom in for an optimised high-definition view.
Communicate and collaborate
- Present lesson objectives and expected outcomes.
- Gather a student attendance register.
- Chat and send messages to the class or selected student.
- Monitor and control application use – includes options to minimise or close open applications.
- Lock or blank students’ screens to gain attention.
- Monitor and restrict internet use.
- Conduct quick end-of-lesson surveys.
- Transfer documents and resources to all or selected students in a single action.
- Hand out and automatically collect files with each student’s details appended.
- Show the Tutor’s desktop to all or selected students.
- Remotely control the student’s screen to instruct or remedy activity.
- Flexible range of options for connecting to the required student machines: assign machines to a designated room; or, dependent on the naming convention used for your machines, a fixed list of machines or match by partial machine name.
- Locate machines across any number of TCP/IP subnets.
- Accelerate Browse option available when searching for a large number of machines.
- Low Bandwidth Mode available for network environments where low data usage is a priority. Ideal for optimizing wireless network performance.
- Power Management – power on or off, log in/log out or reboot classroom computers.
- Optimize network performance by increasing or decreasing the thumbnail refresh rate.
- Overlay additional information to highlight the active application or active website.
- Switch from Thumbnail to Detailed View for a more in-depth list of the applications and websites currently in use across the class.
- Screen Capture a students screen, saving the image in a file for later review along with the machine and student details.
- The Support Tool provides school technicians access to all the system data to help diagnose and fix any problems.
Mac: Processor: Intel Only | Operating System: Mac OS X 10.9 or higher (Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan). 64bit Support.
(Administrator password required to complete this installation.)
Installation and configuration
The MacOS agent can be installed remotely on the MacOS clients, meaning no manual installations. Read our Installation Guide for more information.
*To establish a connection between the teacher and Chrome students, the NetSupport Name & Connectivity Server (NCS Gateway) must be installed (via the ‘main Windows download’ option). Read our Installation Guide for more information.