SIS Integration - v12.6
Version 12.6 now supports integration with SIS (Student Information System) environments via OneRoster (Windows and Chrome Tutor only). Once synced, the NetSupport School Tutor can then be configured to identify, at an individual school level, the SIS data (teacher, lesson and required students) relevant to the teacher’s current lesson. Not only does this new feature help teachers to save time when setting up their technology-led lessons, but also it offers more flexibility when connecting to student devices.
iOS Tutor Assistant - v1.06
In addition to a fully refreshed user interface to enhance navigation and operability for both iPad and iPhone, the latest version also includes a new ‘Help Request’ icon that highlights the number of outstanding help requests to the teacher. This also now details each student’s name and message; helping the teacher to provide effective support.
NetSupport School - v12.5
NetSupport School now features a completely refreshed user interface to make it even easier to identify and navigate to features. Users can also switch between a basic and advanced toolbar – which makes it more accessible to new teachers.
Resetting system passwords
One of the most common issues for IT technicians is students forgetting their passwords. Now, teachers can take on the role of resetting network passwords via their task bar, allowing the students quicker access to their devices and ensuring that lesson disruption is kept to a minimum.
New PowerShell feature
A PowerShell window can now be launched from the console to quickly and easily execute PowerShell commands at a selected Windows Client.
New deployment enhancements
NetSupport School Deploy now offers a more intuitive interface for locating and deploying to machines and allows you to quickly locate machines local to the Tutor.
Teachers can maximise lesson time even further with enhanced file transfer and distribution speeds.
Webcams on classroom devices can now be disabled, which not only helps support a school’s eSafety policy but also helps to maintain students’ focus during lessons.
Chrome Tutor - v1.13
With a refreshed User Interface, it’s now easier than ever to identify and navigate to features.
New connection methods
With added support for NetSupport School’s User and connectivity options, Chrome Tutors can now quickly connect to the required Student devices by logged-on username/email. This additional support means schools have more flexibility when setting up and connecting to classrooms, helping to maximise lesson time.
Enhanced Internet Metering
The newly added ‘Details View’ provides the teacher with an instant overview of current internet activity across the classroom, displaying the active URL for each connected Student device.
The improved Thumbnail Zoom performance now allows teachers to zoom in faster to see what students are doing, helping to ensure they remain on task.
Chrome Student - v1.55
With added support for connections from a NetSupport School Tutor** using ‘PC Mode’, this enables the teacher to quickly connect to a fixed list of Student devices by machine name (irrespective of who the logged-on student is), helping to maximise lesson time and making it ideal for environments where the devices remain in the same classroom.
** NetSupport School Windows Tutor application required. ‘PC Mode’ connections from a NetSupport School Chrome Tutor coming soon.
To download this latest NetSupport School Chrome Student extension, simply visit the Google Chrome Web store.
To download this latest NetSupport School Tutor for Chrome app update, simply visit the Google Chrome Web store.
Tutor App for Windows 10 - v12
Version 12 of NetSupport School sees the introduction of an entirely new, native Tutor App for Windows 10. The App is designed to leverage the benefits of mobile teaching on Windows 10 touch-enabled devices and introduces a fresh user-optimised interface.
New and enhanced features v1.8.1000
- Support for Microsoft Surface Dial – display a radial menu of NetSupport School features for quick and easy execution of common tasks.
- Import/export approved and restricted website lists.
- Specify a custom destination folder when transferring documents and resources to Student machines.
Features within the Teacher App include:
- ‘Class Mode’ connectivity option offers direct integration with Microsoft School Data Sync, enabling teachers to instantly access their online SIS (Student Information Systems) classrooms and student accounts at the start of a NetSupport-managed lesson.
- Extended platform support for students using Chrome OS and Apple Mac systems.
- Device Control – Prevent data being copied to or from USB storage and CDR/DVD devices, plus Mute/Unmute Sound at student machines.
- Power Management – Power on or off, log in/log out or reboot classroom computers.
- Virtual Whiteboard supported by a wealth of drawing tools for improved collaboration within the classroom.
- Print option added in Student Registration feature.
- Application Control – Newly added options to Minimise or Close open applications.
- Student Help Requests are now colour-coded to highlight priority: Work Complete, Need Help or Urgent Help required.
- New option to toggle on or off the NetSupport School Student toolbar.
- Present lesson objectives and expected outcomes.
- Gather a student attendance register.
- Monitor student help requests.
- Lock or blank students screens to gain attention.
- Monitor student screen thumbnails.
- View individual students.
- Chat and send messages to the class.
- Monitor and restrict internet use.
- Monitor and control application use (desktop and store).
- Launch applications and websites on student screens.
- Conduct quick end-of-lesson surveys.
- Measure progress – including peer and individual assessment, scores and more.
- Transfer documents and resources to all or selected students.
To further leverage close integration with Windows 10, teachers can remotely launch Office 365 apps (amongst others) with direct integration with OneDrive. Teachers can also add key lesson resources and information from the Student Journal to a OneNote Class Notebook, if desired.
To assess student progress and understanding, NetSupport School’s unique Question and Answer module (Q&A) is provided, allowing for a variety of questioning styles and tools – verbal and basketball; random; first to answer; team-based student selection; peer assessment and gameshow-style. A quick survey tool is also included to support an end-of-lesson plenary.
Classroom resources and content can be distributed to all students seamlessly with the inbuilt File Transfer mode.
The new native NetSupport Tutor App is provided as a complementary component to the traditional NetSupport School desktop application and is available for download from the Windows Store. The NetSupport School Student software also features a number of low-level enhancements to ensure full compatibility with Windows 10, support for the latest browser technology and improvements for use by students on touch-enabled devices.
Tutor for Android - v12
For installation on a teacher’s Android tablet (v4.0.3 and above), the NetSupport School Tutor for Android extends the product’s capabilities into dedicated tablet-based classrooms, giving the teacher the power to connect to each student device and enabling real-time interaction and support.
Note: The student tablet must be running the NetSupport School Student app – also available to download from the store.
Key features when connecting to student devices:
- Thumbnail View: Thumbnails of each student device allow the teacher to monitor classroom activity in a single view.* For more detailed monitoring, the teacher can discreetly view the screen of any selected student.
- Real-time student assessment: The Question and Answer (Q&A) mode enables the teacher to conduct both individual student and peer assessment. Deliver questions verbally to the class, then select students to answer. Select Students either randomly (pot luck), first to answer, or in teams. Bounce questions to multiple students, ask the class to peer assess a selected response and keep individual and team scores.
- Class Surveys: Teachers can conduct on-the-fly surveys to gauge student knowledge and understanding. Students are able to respond in real-time to the survey questions posed and the teacher can then show results to the whole class, enabling students to receive instant feedback on their progress.
- Student Register: The teacher can request standard and/or custom information from each student at the start of each class and create a detailed register from the information provided.
- Lesson Objectives: If provided by the teacher, once connected, students are presented with details of the current lesson, together with overall objectives and their expected learning outcomes.
- Chat and Message: Initiate teacher-to-student chat sessions and send messages from the teacher device to one, selected, or all student devices.
- Request Help: Students can discreetly alert the teacher when they require assistance.
- Launch Websites: Remotely launch a selected website on student devices.
- Student Rewards: The teacher can assign ‘rewards’ to students to recognise good work or behaviour.
- File Transfer: The teacher can transfer files to a selected student or multiple student devices in a single action.
- Lock/Blank Screen: Ensure student focus when presenting by locking or blanking the student screens.
- WiFi/Battery Indicators: View the current wireless battery strength status for each connected student tablet.
- Connecting to Students: NetSupport School provides a quick and easy method to connect to the required student devices. The teacher can create ‘rooms’ in advance and the student devices can be configured to a specific room. At the start of a lesson, the teacher simply indicates which of the pre-defined rooms they want to connect to. ‘Roaming’ students also have the option of connecting to a designated room.
The NetSupport School Tutor for Android is free to try in your environment for 30 days and can then be used with existing NetSupport School licences. Alternatively, additional licences can be purchased from your NetSupport reseller.
* Screen capture feature supported on student tablets where the additional NetSupport School “Extended Features” utility is installed. Available for the majority of leading tablet manufacturers.
Click here to learn more about NetSupport School’s Tutor for Android.