NetSupport caters for the shared resource computing market with its NetSupport School CCE (Centralized Computing Edition). Based on the award-winning classroom management solution NetSupport School, NetSupport School CCE is optimised to work with many thin client solutions, delivering advanced desktop monitoring combined with a real-time presentation tool at an affordable cost; helping to leverage budget-conscious education opportunities.
NetSupport School CCE includes full support for NComputing, Windows Remote Desktop Services, Citrix and Windows MultiPoint Services (WMS).
The Windows MultiPoint Services role in Windows Server 2016 allows multiple users, each with their own independent Windows experience, to simultaneously share one computer. This gives teachers and students the familiar Windows experience, allowing them to focus on teaching and learning the curriculum, rather than a new computer system.
Both Windows MultiPoint services and NetSupport School CCE reflect the same philosophy: namely, to offer best of breed yet affordable technology and to enhance the accessibility of ICT within education. NetSupport School CCE enables schools, colleges and training institutions to maximise the return from their WMS deployment by providing teachers with the ability to instruct, monitor and interact with their students – either individually or to the overall class.
Key features in CCE include:
- Ask students to register at the start of each lesson.
- Lock/unlock students’ mice and keyboards – by default, a graphic will appear on the Student workstation, informing them that you have locked their mouse and keyboard.
- Distribute files and folders from the tutor’s PC to students’ PCs.
- Hand out and automatically collect files with each student’s details appended.
- Control and monitor printer usage, set thresholds and prevent students from sending duplicate output to the printer.
- Show the Tutor’s desktop to all or selected students.
- Show a student screen to the rest of the class (Exhibit mode).
- Monitor the entire class in a single view with thumbnail sizes.
- Remotely launch or close applications or web pages on all selected PCs in a single action.
- Allow only approved applications or websites to be used or simply prevent restricted ones from being opened.
- Provide students with shortcuts to all of the documents, folders, applications and web content they may require during the lesson using the Student Information bar.
- Open a chat session that all or selected students can join, enter their comments and share with the rest of the class.
- Send an attention-grabbing message or instruction to all or selected students.
- Request Help facility – students can send a request for help to the teacher.
- The unique Student Journal ensures all relevant information from a lesson is recorded for future review – from lesson content and teacher/student notes, to assessment results.
- Test students’ comprehension and understanding using a range of audio, visual and text-based questions. Tests are auto-marked and the results can be displayed to students. Alternatively, use student surveys for instant feedback.
NetSupport School CCE targets customers who require low implementation, maintenance and operating costs, coupled with powerful and intuitive functionality. NetSupport School CCE provides an easy, cost-effective entry point into technology-led teaching.
Within the Centralized Computing Sector, NetSupport School CCE is available for use with Windows MultiPoint Services, NComputing and Windows Remote Desktop Services, providing educators with the tools and technology they need to prepare students for success.
To see how NetSupport School for CCE completes your education solution, please download your free 30 day trial license for up to 40 devices.