NetSupport has reacted to the benefits of the shared resource computing market by developing NetSupport School CCE (Centralized Computing Edition). Based on the award-winning classroom management solution NetSupport School, NetSupport School CCE is optimised to work with many thin client solutions, delivering advanced desktop monitoring combined with a real-time presentation tool at an affordable cost; helping to leverage budget-conscious education opportunities.
NetSupport School CCE includes full support for NComputing, Windows Remote Desktop Services, Citrix and Windows MultiPoint Services (WMS).
The Windows MultiPoint Services role in Windows Server 2016 allows multiple users, each with their own independent Windows experience, to simultaneously share one computer. This gives teachers and students the familiar Windows experience, allowing them to focus on teaching and learning the curriculum, not a new computer system.
Both Windows MultiPoint services and NetSupport School CCE reflect the same philosophy: namely, to offer best of breed yet affordable technology and to enhance the accessibility of ICT within education. NetSupport School CCE enables schools, colleges and training institutions to maximise the return from their WMS deployment by providing teachers with the ability to instruct, monitor and interact with their students – either individually or to the overall class.
Key features in CCE include:
- Student register
- Lock student mice and keyboards.
- Remotely launch or close applications or web pages on all selected PCs in a single action.
- Provide students with shortcuts to all of the documents, folders, applications and web content they may require during the lesson using the Student Information bar.
- Allow only approved applications or websites to be used or simply prevent restricted ones from being opened.
- Monitor the entire class in a single view with thumbnail sizes.
- Show the Tutor’s desktop to all or selected students.
- Show a student screen to the rest of the class (Exhibit mode).
- Distribute files and folders from the tutor’s PC to students’ PCs.
- Hand out and automatically collect files with each student’s details appended.
- Controlling and monitoring printer usage, set thresholds and prevent students from sending duplicate output to the printer.
- Send students a message, chat with them discreetly or collaborate as a group. Students can also request help from the Tutor without alerting the rest of the class.
- The unique Student Journal ensures all relevant information from a lesson is recorded for future review – from lesson content and teacher/student notes, to assessment results.
- Test students’ comprehension and understanding using a range of audio, visual and text-based questions. Tests are auto-marked and the results can be displayed to students. Alternatively, use student surveys for instant feedback.
NetSupport School CCE targets customers who require low implementation, maintenance and operating costs coupled with powerful and intuitive functionality. NetSupport School CCE provides an easy, cost-effective entry point into technology-led teaching.
Within the Centralized Computing Sector, NetSupport School CCE is available for use with Windows MultiPoint Services, NComputing and Windows Remote Desktop Services, providing educators with the tools and technology they need to prepare students for success.
To see how NetSupport School for CCE completes your education solution, please download your free 30 day trial license for up to 40 devices.