One key strand of classroom management is exactly that: “managing” the students and their devices, to maximise time spent on teaching.
- Power on or off and log in/log out all classroom computers from the teacher’s PC.
- Blank all students’ screens to gain attention and also lock their mice and keyboards.
- Automatically re-connect to students’ PCs if they are rebooted.
- Use layouts of students on teachers’ screens to match the layout of the physical classroom.
- Use individual teachers profiles to deliver the features needed by each teacher.
- Use a one-click “Request Assistance” option from the teacher’s toolbar if technical support is needed.
- Reset students’ system passwords without IT support.
- Flexible range of connection methods to student devices, including SIS integration (OneRoster and Google Classroom – coming soon).
- Prevent students from printing in the classroom.
- Limit printer use by number of pages.
- Require teacher’s authorisation prior to printing.
- Prevent individual printers from being used.
- Display a real-time print indicator identifying which student is currently printing.
- Show the number of paused print jobs requiring the teacher’s attention.
- Prevent data being copied to or from USB storage and CDR/DVD devices.
- Prevent new network connections being created.
- Disable webcams on classroom devices.
- Request standard and custom information from each student at the start of the class.
- Print the student register, including a total of any rewards or print jobs completed during the lesson.
- Use customised icons for students.
Hand out and collect files
- Distribute files and folders from the tutor’s PC to multiple student devices.
- Transfer files to and from selected or multiple PCs in a single action.
- Hand out and automatically collect files with each student’s details appended.
- Real-time feedback tells the teacher which students’ files are ready for collection and which students need reminding.
- View lesson objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provides real-time lesson information such as the lesson title; time remaining; any rewards they have been given by the teacher.
- Request help from the teacher via the help button.
- Access their digital journal.
- Access their personal resources folder.
- Review what restrictions are currently in place i.e. internet, application, printing, USB memory sticks.
- Dedicated Technicians’ Console – click here to see features.