NetSupport School focuses on teaching, assessment and collaboration in the classroom, but we also recognise that one key strand of classroom management is exactly that, "managing" the students and their devices, to maximise time spent on teaching.
NetSupport School allows a teacher to:
- Power on or off and Log in/Log out all classroom computers from the teacher's PC.
- Blank all Student screens to gain attention and also lock the students' mice and keyboards.
- Automatically re-connect to students' PCs if they are rebooted.
- Use layouts of students on their screen to match the layout of the physical classroom.
- Use individual teacher profiles to deliver the features needed by each teacher.
- Use a one-click "Request Assistance" option from their toolbar if technical support is needed.
- Reset students' system passwords without IT support.
CLASSROOM PRINTER AND DEVICE MANAGEMENT
- Prevent students from printing in the classroom.
- Limit printer use by number of pages.
- Require teacher authorisation prior to printing.
- Prevent individual printers from being used.
- Display a real-time print indicator identifying which student is currently printing.
- Show the number of paused print jobs requiring teacher attention.
- Prevent data being copied to or from USB storage and CDR/DVD devices.
- Prevent new network connections being created.
- Disable webcams on classroom devices.
CLASSROOM STUDENT REGISTER
NetSupport School offers a powerful Student Registration feature:
- Request standard and custom information from each student at the start of class.
- Print the student register, including a total of any rewards or print jobs completed during the lesson.
- Use customised icons for students.
HAND OUT AND COLLECT FILES IN THE CLASSROOM
- Distribute files and folders from the tutor's PC to multiple student devices.
- Transfer files to and from a selected or multiple PCs in a single action.
- Hand out and automatically collect files with each student's details appended.
- Real-time feedback tells the teacher which students' files are ready for collection and which students need reminding.
STUDENT INFORMATION BAR
NetSupport School features a unique Student Information bar, neatly located at the top of each student screen, which provides a visual indicator as to the current lesson details, time remaining, rewards they have been given and much more. The toolbar can be set to be always visible, hidden or to auto-hide, and can be toggled on the fly by the teacher.
The toolbar ensures that all of the collaborative features within NetSupport School are accessible to students. In addition, they are notified when printer restrictions have been applied or internet or application controls are in place; they can quickly access details of their lesson objectives and expected outcomes, or simply request teacher assistance.