New enhancements for NetSupport School for Chrome!
NetSupport School for Chrome’s latest performance enhancements makes it faster and easier for teachers to manage, interact and engage with students’ Chrome devices from their own PC or Chrome device.
Its range of award-winning features enables teachers to view real-time thumbnails of each student device in a single view and, with its improved quality and resolution, can zoom in for a clearer view of activity at an individual machine. Additionally, with its connectivity improvements, students’ machines are always accessible - even after periods of inactivity - allowing the teacher to monitor and maintain student focus at all times. Internet control and blocking is also included, along with chat, message, request help, assessment tools and much more, making it the perfect solution for teaching and learning in a Chromebook classroom.
To download this latest NetSupport School Tutor for Chrome app update, simply visit the Google Chrome Web store.
NetSupport School offers both a Tutor app for Chrome OS as well as a Student extension for installation on each device, delivering a perfect solution for a Chromebook-only classroom as well as compatibility for a Windows teacher to manage Chromebooks.
NetSupport School tour for
Chromebook screenshot gallery.
Customer feedback - NetSupport School
for Chrome OS.
Key Features when connecting to students from a teacher's Chrome OS device:
- View a crystal clear thumbnail of each student machine in a single view.
- Zoom in to view a larger thumbnail of any selected student Chromebook.
- The teacher can set objectives and expected outcomes for the current lesson.
- Ask students to register at the start of each lesson.
- Lock the student's mouse and keyboard when instructing.
- Send an instant survey or request for feedback to each student and display results in real time.
- The teacher can open a discussion session that all or selected students can join, enter their comments and share with the rest of the class.
- Send an attention-grabbing message or instruction to each student machine.
- Request Help facility - students can send a request for help to the teacher.
- Block unauthorized websites.
- Use approved websites only.
- Block all Internet access.
- Launch a website on the student Chromebook.
- Block FTP Access.
- Optimised performance for Chromebooks running on battery mode.
- Monitor and control the websites and web activity on student Chromebooks.
- Extra security with password-protected 'Options' setting on student Chromebooks.
Chrome Incognito Mode:
To ensure you retain full visibility of your students' internet use, it is recommended that you 'disallow' Incognito Mode in the Chrome OS User Settings via Google Apps for Education.
Installation and pre-requisites for Chrome
For a teacher to be able to monitor and interact with their students using Google Chromebooks, the NetSupport Name & Connectivity Server must be installed on a Windows Server; the NetSupport School Tutor must be installed on the teacher's machine*, and the NetSupport School Student extension installed onto each of the students' Chromebooks.
* In mixed platform classrooms, the NetSupport School Windows Tutor application can also connect to student Chromebooks.
Organisations that use "Google Apps for Domains" can now centrally manage their NetSupport School settings from within the Google Admin Console, including:
- The ability to force-install the NetSupport School Student extension
- Export your Student configuration settings as a policy template for use globally on all other student devices
You can evaluate the NetSupport School Tutor for 30 days on up to five student Chromebooks or, when prompted, you can enter your existing NetSupport School license information. If you're new to NetSupport School or require additional licenses, contact your NetSupport reseller.
Installing the NSS components in a Google Chrome environment
Centrally managing and configuring the NSS Student extention for Google Chrome
Chrome OS Downloads: